What is Crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding is an alternative financing method for companies. Below we explore how crowdfunding works in practice, its benefits and some frequently asked questions.
What is Crowdfunding?
“Crowdfunding is the use of small amounts of money from a large number of individuals to finance a new business venture.”
The four types of Crowdfunding
There are four different types of crowdfunding. Crowdbase offers investment-based crowdfunding which includes equity and debt crowdfunding.
- With Equity Crowdfunding, investors receive an ownership stake in the company proportional to their investment. Crowdbase offers equity crowdfunding investments on its platform.
- With Debt Crowdfunding, investors lend money to the business, expecting to receive it back with interest over time. Crowdbase offers debt crowdfunding investments on its platform.
- Rewards-based Crowdfunding offers campaign backers different levels of rewards based on the amount committed. These rewards can range from a thank you letter to a final product. Crowdbase does not offer rewards-based crowdfunding on its platform.
- Donation-based Crowdfunding is the method where individuals donate money for specific causes and charities. They have the opportunity to effect positive change in their communities, indirectly receiving non-financial benefits. Crowdbase does not offer donation-based crowdfunding on its platform.
Find a campaign
Find investment opportunity
- Browse our wide range of investment opportunities in real estate, startups, and small and medium-sized enterprises.
- All crowdfunding campaigns undergo an extensive due diligence process to guarantee the quality of projects to our investors.
- Choose an appropriate crowdfunding campaign based on your risk appetite profile, social impact and personal preference.
Invest as much as you want
- Read the comprehensive crowdfunding page describing the company, their vision and management team.
- Crowdbase provides you with an executive summary of the opportunities and risks of each campaign.
- When you feel ready, invest! You can start investing with as little as €100, so you can diversify risk among many projects.
Capitalise on your returns
- Stay in touch with the companies you have invested in and see their progress and effect on our community.
- You can sell your investment securities by finding interested buyers through our bulletin board or outside our platform.
- If the business is successful, it can pay back investors through dividends, an IPO, an outright sale or a management buyout.
Benefits of Crowdfunding
Investment-based Crowdfunding can offer a wide range of benefits that are not available with other types of investments.
Impact your community
Invest in projects you support and see them take shape in your community
Invest in some of the most promising up-and-coming ventures
Invest in opportunities that deviate from traditional asset classes
Gain access to otherwise unattainable investment opportunities
Investors have direct ownership and control over their investments
Investing in crowdfunding campaigns through Crowdbase is free of charge
BE THE FIRST
to hear about the latest crowdfunding campaigns and investment news!
Start investing now!
Sign up in under 10 minutes and begin investing from as little as €100!Become an Investor